I hope to change a lot in 2012. I want to become more like Christ. I want to grow in my love for God and people. I wanted to be a more skilled and devoted, husband, father, son, pastor and Christ-follower. I want to be healthier – increased energy to serve God with more vigor.
So I am going to be intentional. Here are 17 things I am going to do to be a different person by the close of this year.
- Read through the entire bible – using the daily reading program at http://www.blueletterbible.org/
- Eat lunch with my mom once a week.
- Stop eating anything after dinner.
- Severely limit my intake of sugars and junk carbs. (Hard – I love bread, cookies and pie.)
- Get to the gym a minimum of 3-4 times per week. (Easy – I enjoy working out.)
- Lose 15 pounds minimum.
- Get out my guns and do some target shooting. (I need to be ready for any potential zombie invasions.)
- Be fully engaged in at least two mentoring relationships.
- Devote at least 20 minutes per day to reading for my own personal / pastoral development.
- Master my new iPad 2. (Thanks family for the awesome Christmas gift!)
- To become much less reticent. (I tend to be too Norwegian)
- Knock off a few more miles on the Appalachian Trail.
- Date night with the wifey at least twice per month.
- Spoil the hooey out of my grandson. (Once he gets here – early March!)
- Begin and end each day on my knees in prayer.
- Schedule a one day personal spiritual retreat once every three months.
- Do a thorough study of the book of Acts.
How about you? Leave a comment and share your ideas for growing in 2012.