A lot of stuff happened this past weekend, both in the life of our church and in the culture at large. Here’s a quick recap of five items (in no particular order):
1. Dave and Ray left for Colombia this past Friday. From seeing some of their tweets come in, it sounds like they have already done quite a bit of speaking! But they did get to relax a bit and watch the Super Bowl on Sunday night. Let’s continue to pray for them as they minister this week. You can follow their updates here.
2. Upward had its 2nd Saturday of games. I stopped by for a bit in the afternoon, and the excitement level in the gym was electric! Mike Malek shared the halftime devotional on what it means to respect both God and others.
3. Giants win the Super Bowl! And how about those commercials? Did you have a favorite? Here’s mine:
4. Yesterday we looked at Acts 2:42-47 and the new community that was formed in the life of the early church. The three takeaway principles that I shared from this passage are to be intentional about community, active in hospitality, and marked by generosity. Have you thought about how you are going to apply these principles this week?
5. I can’t help but thinking back to a year ago when we had the huge blizzard of 2011. Quite a difference from this winter. According to the Chicago Weather Center, this winter ranks among the top ten winters with the most number of days with highs of 40 degrees or more.
So there you have it – my five musings for this fine Monday. I hope you are having a good Monday so far!