A few random thoughts and tidbits of information on this windy spring Monday:
- Praise God for great worship at ACC this past weekend! The Good Friday service was powerful and moving. Big thanks to those who spoke on the seven sayings of Christ from the cross: Ray Demich, Karen Corlew, Elliott Glynn, Dale Hugo, Erica Kalata, Marianne Kerr, and Scott Reddin.
- Also that day we had an awesome kid’s event complete with lots of games, pizza, and Easter eggs! The gym was crawling with 89 kids!
- Easter? Wow! So full of energy. We had 391 people with us, including many visitors. 36 people took bibles and we’re mailing “How Good is Good Enough?” by Andy Stanley to 49! Pray that the many gospel seeds being planted would sprout in the coming weeks, months, and years!
- This Sunday Chris, Scott, and I will be doing “Pastors on the Hot Seat” during both services. We will be fielding a variety of questions from the congregation on God, the bible, the Chicago Cubs, quantum physics, and other fun and informative topics! Got a question you’d like to submit? It’s not too late – email your question to me – email@example.com.
- On Sunday, April 22nd my old friend Roy Patterson will be preaching at ACC! Roy is an ACC favorite – be sure to be here that day! You will be blessed by him – no doubt about it.
- Chris Modrzejewski is taking a sabbatical! After completing 5+ years of faithful service the elders are sending him off for a well-deserved time of rest and refreshment! (The youth ministry programming will carry on as usual while he is gone.) He will be on sabbatical from April 16th thorough May 21st. This coming Sunday will be his last time with us for 5 weeks so be sure to be here to express your appreciation.
- Have you ever taken the ACC Next Step class? If not, feel free to join us this Saturday at the church from 9AM-11AM. This class gives you an inside look at our church – especially helpful for folks newer to our church. Give us a heads up if you plan to attend – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, April 29th we’ll be having baptisms. If you want to take this step of obedience just let us know. There is a mandatory baptism class on Sunday, April 22nd at 10:30AM. Getting baptized as a believer is an essential step in the disciple-making process (Matthew 28:19-20). Let us dunk you!
- A lot is still happening behind the scenes with our Growing Together campaign (http://accgrowingtogether.com/). While groundbreaking will most likely be this fall, pledge money from you keeps pouring in – as of 4-1-12 $214,038.84 has been donated toward this project! Thanks for your generosity!
Really exciting things are happening at ACC! God is showing his power and grace. Please pray with me that he continues to bless our church.