- Welcoming our incoming freshmen to the high school youth ministry (Oasis)
- Watching some of our high school boys man the grill. They got so into it and did a great job cooking. They definitely earned some man points in my book
- Sitting around the campfire late into the night w/ some high school students, just talking about life.
- Getting together with other local youth groups for a cookout, games, and a campfire. So cool to see the body of Christ come together.
- A great swim & bike workout. I needed that one! Huge confidence booster. Just over 4 weeks until my triathlon.
- Meeting the incoming 6th graders…we’ve got a great group of kids joining the middle school ministry this Fall!
- A one-on-one meeting with a student who needed to talk through some things.
- Golf and breakfast with some good friends…I’m a terrible golfer, but the company was great.
- Surprise afternoon visit from my wife and kids, complete w/ cherry-limeades from Sonic.
- A super encouraging email from a parent of one of our students.
So, how about you? How was your week? As I sat down to write this post, I thought of several not-so-fun things from this past week. In fact, I could have written “10 things that made me sad this week”. Perspective is key! Taking time to remember our blessings and give thanks to God is a habit we should work hard at developing. I Thessalonians 5:18