- Watched the old school clay-mation version of Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer recently. The message of that really was that your worth is based upon what you look like and / or what you accomplish. Yikes! Even Santa was really a jerk to Rudolph!
- Most over-rated Christmas movie: A Christmas Story.
- Ever heard Bare Naked Ladies version of God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen? Awesome.
- Best Christmas gift I ever got as a kid: a 007 attaché case that contained an assortment of deadly weapons. I was fairly lethal for my age.
- Being able to do Christmas shopping online may be the best development in our culture since the invention of the polio vaccine.
- I’d put lights outside my townhome but I don’t have an outside electrical outlet and I’m too cheap to pay to have one installed for using it just 3 weeks out of the year.
- When little George Bailey gets slapped in the head by the drunk pharmacist – I’ve always wondered why George’s dad didn’t go down to the drug store and whoop the mess out of that crusty old guy. If that had happened to my son…
- Fruit cake doesn’t seem to be as ubiquitous during the holidays as when I was growing up. Is that an accurate observation? (By the way, this is a good thing.)
- Cats and Christmas trees are NOT a good combination.
- I’ve never really understood Christians who get hot and bothered by Santa. As a kid I understood Santa was make-believe fun. It was really about Jesus’ birthday – I got that.
- I hate it when there isn’t any snow on Christmas day.
- Few things pump me up more than a good instrumental version of Sleigh Ride.
- My mom is Norwegian. Consequently, on Christmas Eve we’d have lutefisk for dinner. What is it? Think rotten, pickled fish that you’d drown in butter and salt as you choke it down. That, my friends, is lutefisk. Good times.
- I once burned off my left eyebrow while smelling a Christmas candle.
- I love that we set aside a time of year to remember the life-changing truth that: The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. John 1:14