- MS & HS Winter Retreats. Our annual weekend retreats are just around the corner. These are great times to get away together, have fun playing in the snow, and help kids grow spiritually. Winter retreats are some of my most vivid memories of my own youth ministry experience.
- Getting back into a routine. I’m a creature of habit. I thrive on schedule and routine. It helps me to focus and to keep moving forward. Routine sort of goes out the window around the holidays. I enjoyed that time, but I’m happy to be settling back in to a rhythm.
- A new endurance sports season. I took December off from running/triathlon training. I’ve picked out some races for this year and started training this week. I’m looking forward to tackling some new goals and setting some new personal records.
- My new iPad. My wonderful wife coordinated with my family on a group gift and purchased an iPad for me for Christmas. I’ve wanted one for a long time and look forward to using it when I teach on Sunday mornings and at youth group…now I can look as cool as Dave!
- The start of Upward Basketball and Cheerleading. I love the ministry of Upward. It’s such a great ministry and I’m looking forward to another great season this year. Practices began this week and games begin toward the end of the month.