Partnership is an annual, formal commitment to the life and ministry of Arlington Countryside Church. In many other churches it would be called membership. Semantics helped us to decide to call it partnership rather than membership. We felt like membership denoted privilege, while partnership emphasized responsibility. We wanted to emphasize the responsibility of each follower of Christ to the church.
If you attend ACC regularly, I want to encourage you to partner with us. Here are the top 7 reasons why you should become a partner:
- The health and effectiveness of ACC will undoubtedly increase through a deepening commitment of its participants.
- Such a commitment sends an important message to everyone around you – especially your fellow ACC ‘ers.
- Free back rubs from Pastor Chris. (By appointment only)
- As followers of Christ, God has called us to be committed to the life of the church.
- We’ll teach you the secret handshake.
- There is a tremendous sense of fulfillment when you fully engage within the body of Christ and follow its leaders.
- You will boost your spiritual growth as you clarify and fulfill your commitment to the work of Christ.
You can become a partner at any time, but it is the month of January when we emphasize and encourage everyone to partner up for the year. It’s easy. If you are already a partner, all you need to do is sign the Partnership Commitment and turn it in at the Welcome Center. If you are not currently a partner, pick up a Partnership packet at the Welcome Center and follow the directions; you’ll definitely want to plan to join us for our Next Step class on Monday, January 27 from 7 – 9 PM at the church. You can register for that class on your communication card this Sunday or call the church office.
I look forward to you joining hands with us!