Today I completed day #118 of my reading through the Bible in a year program on YouVersion. One of the passages I read today was Psalm 92 verse 1 – “It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to the Most High.”
Therefore I will rattle off 20 things for which I thank the Lord:
- My awesome wife. Karen and I have been married for almost 33 years and we love each other now, more than ever. We preached a sermon together this past Sunday for the first time ever – it was a lot of fun. No one supports and encourages me like her! (You can listen to it here: http://bit.ly/1lqCgzX )
- My 4 kids. They are all adults now and it is so much fun when we get together. Each has a very unique personality and I love each of them for who they are. Throw in a couple of sons-in-law to complete the recipe for a great time every time we get together.
- Roger and Stanley – my dogs. You know how that is – they are like family and we can’t imagine them not being with us. They are always super excited to see me walk in the door.
- The Appalachian Trail. I’m going again the first week in June and I can hardly wait!
- To Kill a Mockingbird. Such a great book.
- The Bible. An even greater book! It is a constant source of hope, encouragement and wisdom.
- My iPad. My wife insisted we get it – I didn’t want it – but as usual, she was right and I was wrong! Now it is my brain.
- A nice warm bed.
- Never worry about where my next meal is coming from.
- Never worry about what clothes I am going to wear.
- ACC. A church family that I love so much – people who know how to keep it real and are moving forward in their walk with Jesus.
- My mom. She has always been there for me. She has a strong faith in God and has helped to give me a godly heritage.
- The church staff I get to work with: Jim, Carolyn, Chris, Scott, Kris, and Melissa bring their “A” game week in and week out. Few teams work harder while still having so much fun!
- The smell of a freshly opened can of tennis balls.
- The smell of burning leaves.
- A merciful God who overwhelms me with his grace every single day.
That’s my list. What do YOU thank the Lord for?
P.S. Oh yeah – my grandson is the best. He could replace bacon on this list.