It was encouraging and powerful!
Last night about 25 people gathered at ACC to participate in our prayer walk. We broke up into 4 groups – scattered through out the building – and then went from one location to the next imploring God to bless our ministry as we committed our entire campus to Him.
Here is what we prayed. It reveals the vision and heart of our church.
CHAPEL (current auditorium)
- This space would be a place of great joy, fun, learning and worship for our children.
- That children would hear the good news of Jesus here and their hearts would be open to his word.
- Wisdom and creativity for Kris Milashus and Melissa Reddin to fully utilize our children’s facilities for maximum effectiveness.
- That God would provide the needed children’s workers for Sunday morning ministry – especially in anticipation of our upcoming growth.
- That Awana would be effective in instilling the word of God into children’s lives and we’d have all the needed volunteers.
- That the bible would be faithfully and boldly preached from this stage.
- That God would enable Dave (and others) to communicate clearly and in the Spirit’s power.
- That the worship team and Scott would lead us in true and dynamic worship.
AUDITORIUM / GYM
- That our Upward ministry would grow and reach even more families; that all the necessary coaches and other volunteers could be raised up from within our church.
- That those sitting here on Sunday mornings would have teachable spirits and would worship in spirit and truth.
- That God would be with Chris and his student ministry teams and they would be effective in reaching and discipling students for Christ.
- That relationships would be built here – that this room is filled with laughter, prayer and uplifting conversations.
- That construction would continue to make good progress and that we receive our occupancy permit in God’s perfect timing.
- Pray for Jim Young – that God enables him to finish strong in overseeing this construction project.
- That God would give wisdom to our elders as they lead our church.
FRONT DOORS / ENTRYWAY
- That many being prayed for (5x5x5) would walk through these doors in 2014 and beyond!
- That all who enter feel loved, make friends, hear the truth and have fun.
- That God would help us accomplish our mission to be a loving community where ordinaruy people experience the life-changing power of Jesus Christ.
- That our Guest Services team would do a great job facilitating people’s experience (especially visitors).
- That this space would be known for good coffee, friendly people and great fellowship.
- That God would provide the needed money for all this to be paid for – that 105% of our Growing Together pledges would come in.
- That God will continue to bless Carolyn and use her administrative skills so that ACC runs smoothly!
- That this would be a place where parents feel confident and happy about dropping off their kids.
- That the children’s workers here would make a good first impression on parents: friendly and competent!
- That children would be excited to be here and look forward to it every week.
- That all children here would be safe, loved and accepted.
Could you take 10 minutes right now and pray through this list?
God has certainly called us to be co-laborers with him in advancing his kingdom but we always remember the words of the Apostle Paul:
6 I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. 7 It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. 9 For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building. 1 Corinthians 3:6-9
We anticipate growth as God blesses and leads. Join us in prayer to this end.