Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you. Instead, let there be thankfulness to God. Ephesians 5:4
I agree. No obscene stories. No foolish talk. No coarse jokes. Just thankfulness to God!
With Thanksgiving just a few days away let me express my thankfulness to God for the following:
- The gift of Jesus Christ – through whom I have found forgiveness and eternal life.
- Mrs. Koop – the woman who shared the good news of Jesus with me when I was 10 years old and help to me cross the line of faith.
- My wife Karen – the most significant human relationship I have ever had or ever will have. 33 years of marriage and still going strong!
- Rebekah, Emily, Lacey, Micah, Matt, Daryn and Angelika – awesome children who bring me great joy. They all make me laugh – all for different reasons!
- Shane and Atticus – my delightful little ankle biter grandsons.
- My mom. She has always been there for me and I love her to pieces.
- An incredible church staff that I get to hang out with every week – Carolyn, Jim, Chris, Scott and Melissa.
- A leadership team of fellow-elders that set an example for me (and our church) and I count each of them as good friends – Ray, Jim, Jim, Jordan and Patrick.
- My Bible – God’s word brings me great encouragement and inspiration.
- ACC. I love my church. The people are so genuine, accepting, and generous. It is a joy to pastor this flock.
I could go on and on, but I won’t. This is a good start.
What are you thankful for?